Last spring, we went to relatives in Belarus and brought from there a method of planting cucumbers in the ground , which my aunt , Vera Kirillovna , for more than a dozen years. For planting, she prepares the following components: humus , wood ash , boiling water and the actual seeds. The tool used in this operation is known to everyone - this is a shovel.
I plant cucumbers according to the method of the Belarusian aunt
- Digs a small bed 2 m long and 60-70 cm wide.
- It makes holes in a checkerboard pattern “through the cage”: one , then two and again one.
- The holes should be 60 cm apart.
- We have heavy soil on the site , loam , so fertilizers play a big role. We prepare each hole as follows: make a 10 cm deepening , put a handful of humus down , two tablespoons of ash , a handful of earth and mix it all.
- Then pour boiling water over this mass , hold for 5-10 minutes and throw 5-7 cucumber seeds.
- After we fill the seeds with earth and no longer water.
- If cold nights are expected , the hole can be covered with a film , and removed in the morning.
- And so - until shoots. Watering is best in the eveningwhen the sun hides and a shadow will fall on the bed.
We immediately tried this planting method in our garden. Seeds began to sprout amicably in a week , despite the fact that they planted different germination dates.
I think, each summer resident has already taken root on the site their seeds of preferred varieties, so I won't make any recommendations. Belarusians , using this method, get such a rich harvest, that pickle cucumbers in barrels.
Save so you don't lose.